USA (United States of America) Tourist Visit Visa Services
A Complete Guide for USA Visitor Visa from India
The United States of America usually referred to as the United States, USA or US is a country in North America. From iconic landmarks like the Grand Canyon, Statue of Liberty, Times Square, Niagara Falls, Walt Disney Resort to extravagant scenery and a variety of culinary offerings, the United States has much more to offer to its tourists. With approximately 79.3 million visitors in 2019, the USA is listed as the third most popular travel destination.
Are you planning a visit to the USA in the near future? Then you are on the right page. Keep reading the article to get a better insight on how to apply USA tourist visas from India.
USA Tourist Visa for Indians
All Indians are required to hold a tourist visa, also known as a non-immigrant visa, to visit the USA. B2 category tourist visas are issued to people visiting the US for reasons like tourism, medical treatment, visiting friends or family and participation in social events or concerts.
6 Most Important Documents Needed to Apply for a US Tourist Visa:
• A valid Passport the visitor’s passport should be valid for a minimum of six months beyond the period of stay in the USA.
• All old passports of the visitor are required.
• A colour photograph of the candidate in the size 22mm*35mm that was taken within the last six months. The background of the photo should either be off-white or white. To know all the photo requirements please visit Travel. State. Gov.
• Fully completed and signed Non-immigrant visa application form (Form DS-160).
• A valid fee receipt, as a proof that the candidate has paid the tourist visa application fee.
Certain supporting documents like a travel itinerary, proof of funds (bank statements), and a PAN card can be required if the reason for visiting is tourism.
If the purpose is participation in social events or visiting family or friends, supporting documents like a letter stating the purpose of the visit, and proof of the event can be required. The applicants must note that a Letter of Invitation is not compulsory to apply for a USA tourist visa.
If the purpose of the visit is medical treatment, supporting documents like medical documents can be required.
How Much does it Cost to Apply for a USA Tourist Visa:
The candidate is required to pay an application fee of 160 US Dollars. The application fee is non-transferable and non-refundable irrespective of whether the tourist visa is approved or not. Once the tourist visa is approved, the candidate may have to pay a visa issuance fee.
How to Apply for a USA Tourist Visa from India?
Follow the steps below to apply for a USA tourist visa from India:
Step 1: Gather all the required documents for USA visa. After getting an understanding of all the required documents, the candidate should be ready with all the documents before they start the application process.
Step 2: Complete your application Download and carefully fill in the Non-immigrant visa application form (Form DS-160). For a better understanding, it is recommended that the candidate reads the guidelines for completing the DS-160 Form.
Step 3: Pay the application fee Once the candidate completes filling out the application, it is obligatory for the candidate to pay the visa application fee. The fee can be paid using options like the NEFT payment system, payment by mobile phone, or payment at Axis bank/ Canara Bank/ Druk bank.
Step 4: Schedule the appointment After paying the application fee, the candidate can book an appointment. The candidate is expected to book two appointments, one for Visa Application Center and the other for a visa interview.
Step 5: Attend the scheduled visa interview Lastly, the candidate will be interviewed by the US embassy officer. It is mandatory for the candidate to carry documents like their passport, appointment confirmation page, DS-160 confirmation page, as well as one photograph.
Note: It is not required for children younger than 14 years to attend the visa interview. The documents can be submitted by their parents.
Step 6: Track your application
If the tourist visa of the candidate is approved, they can collect it from the pickup location selected by them during the application process.
What is the Processing Time of a USA Tourist Visa?
The ideal processing time of the USA tourist visa from India is anywhere between three to five days. However, a delay can be expected in certain scenarios. It is suggested that the visitor starts their immmigraion application process at least 6-8 weeks before they plan to visit the country.
How Long can a Visitor Stay in the US with a Tourist Visa?
A US visitor visa is valid for up to 10 years. Every individual with a valid tourist visa is allowed a stay time of 6 months on every visit.
Why is a US Visitor Visa Rejected?
• The candidate has provided inadequate or inappropriate information.
• The candidate has financial instability.
• The candidate has overstayed in their previous visit.
• The candidate is convicted of a crime
• The candidate has applied for the wrong type of visa.
How to Apply for a Tourist Visa Extension?
A visitor can extend their B2 visa for an additional six months by providing a valid reason. The candidate must fill in Form I-539 and submit their request to extend the tourist visa. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services recommends submitting an extension 45 days before the expiration date.
To know more about Our Services
Get in touch with our Experts
Our Service Locations
- MEA Attestation Services
- HRD Attestation Services
- SDM Attestation Services
- GAD Attestation Services
- MOFA Attestation Services
- PCC Attestation Services
- Embassy Attestation Services
- Power of Attorney Attestation Services
- Mantralaya Attestation Services
- Chamber of Commerce Attestation Services
- Home Department Attestation Services
- Commercial Document Attestation Services
- Post Graduation Attestation Services
- Graduation Attestation Services
- Diploma Attestation Services
- Degree Attestation Services
- HSC Attestation Services
- SSLC Attestation Services
- Birth Certificate Attestation Services
- Death Certificate Attestation Services
- Marriage Attestation Services
- Divorce Attestation Services
- Medical Attestation Services
- Salary Attestation Services
- Transfer Attestation Services
- Notary Attestation Services
- Experience Attestation Services
- Single Attestation Services
- Employment Attestation Services
- Bonafide Attestation Services
- Document Translation Services
- Language Translation Services
- USA Apostille Services
- UK Apostille Services
- Canada Apostille Services
- Australia Apostille Services
- Saudi Apostille Services
- Oman Apostille Services
- Singapore Apostille Services
- Malaysia Apostille Services
- Thailand Apostille Services
- Italy Apostille Services
- Germany Apostille Services
- France Apostille Services
- Netherlands Apostille Services
- Denmark Apostille Services
- Sweden Apostille Services
- Norway Apostille Services
- Portugal Apostille Services
- Finland Apostille Services
- Spain Apostille Services
- Belgium Apostille Services
- DHA Dataflow Services
- HAAD Dataflow Services
- MOH Dataflow Services
- OMSB Dataflow Services
- QCHP Dataflow Services
- SCFHS Dataflow Services
- DHA Licensing Exam Services
- HAAD Licensing Exam Services
- MOH Licensing Exam Services
- OMSB Licensing Exam Services
- QCHP Licensing Exam Services
- SCFHS Licensing Exam Services
- Dubai Embassy Services
- Qatar Embassy Services
- Kuwait Embassy Services
- Saudi Embassy Services
- Bahrain Embassy Services
- Oman Embassy Services
- Singapore Embassy Services
- Malaysia Embassy Services
- Thailand Embassy Services
- Canada Embassy Services
- China Embassy Services
- Kenya Embassy Services
- Srilanka Embassy Services
- Myanmar (Burma) Embassy Services
- Nepal Embassy Services
- Egypt Embassy Services
- Algeria Embassy Services
- Afghanistan Embassy Services
- Bangladesh Embassy Services
- Ethiopia Embassy Services
- Iran Embassy Services
- Iraq Embassy Services
- Indonesia Embassy Services
- Philippines Embassy Services
- Jamaica Embassy Services
- Jordan Embassy Services
- Lebanon Embassy Services
- Libya Embassy Services
- Morocco Embassy Services
- Mozambique Embassy Services
- Mauritania Embassy Services
- Madagascar Embassy Services
- Nigeria Embassy Services
- Pakistan Embassy Services
- Palestine Embassy Services
- Rwanda Embassy Services
- Sudan Embassy Services
- Syria Embassy Services
- Taiwan Embassy Services
- Tanzania Embassy Services
- Turkmenistan Embassy Services
- Uganda Embassy Services
- Vietnam Embassy Services
- Yemen Embassy Services
- Zambia Embassy Services
- Zimbabwe Embassy Services
- USA Student Visa Services
- UK Student Visa Services
- Canada Student Visa Services
- Australia Student Visa Services
- Europe Student Visa Services
- Russia Student Visa Services
- Germany Student Visa Services
- Italy Student Visa Services
- Japan Student Visa Services
- China Student Visa Services
- Spain Student Visa Services
- France Student Visa Services
- Poland Student Visa Services
- Austria Student Visa Services
- Georgia Student Visa Services
- Turkey Student Visa Services
- New Zealand Student Visa Services
- Switzerland Student Visa Services
- Singapore Student Visa Services
- Malaysia Student Visa Services
- South Africa Student Visa Services
- Ukraine Student Visa Services
- Indonesia Student Visa Services
- Dubai Student Visa Services
- Qatar Student Visa Services
- Kuwait Student Visa Services
- Saudi Student Visa Services
- Bahrain Student Visa Services